BEGINNING THIS SUNDAY
MASS STARTS AT 10 AM.
Your Testimony Before the Angels, the World, and the Demons
Stepping Out In Faith
For we walk by faith, not by sight (2 Cor 5:7).
At MDM we have experienced that when we are asking God how we should proceed, He sometimes responds to our questions with clear, specific answers. But more often, on the contrary, He gives only basic guidance or sometimes no apparent direction at all.
So an important part of our journey,
of our Offering,
of our participation in His Plan of Salvation,
is to sometimes walk blindly, in Faith and trust.
And while this has been our experience, we believe that, as Scripture says,
it is an experience asked at times of all people of Faith.
To accept to walk in the obscurity of Faith
is the mortification, par excellence, of our human pride.
Each step that we take “blindly” after asking God for help and counsel, and in appearance not receiving any response, is a victory that helps us to trust in Him more completely, more fully.
These steps in Faith are a TESTIMONY before the Angels, before the world, before the demons.
They are a TESTIMONY that says we belong completely to Jesus.
Your Continued Prayers Appreciated
Susannah's son remains in critical condition in the hospital. In a recent communication she reported: "Jared is fighting hard, but this is going to be a long battle. Thank you again for all of the prayers and support and love. Keep them coming!"
She has commented several times on her gratitude for the prayers of so many people.
Well Done !
Special Thanks to Robert Hilbig
1. During the hot, dry days of this summer we found it necessary to refurbish an old well on a distant area of the property. In the photo the big new cistern waits to be put in place as a reservoir.
2. Robert Hilbig, a friend of the Mission, volunteered his expertise to help set up the pump house for the well. He spent some of the hottest days of the summer on his knees in this cramped, non air-conditioned space. As Fr. John Mary often says,"Why wait until you die to serve your time in Purgatory, when you can start it here at the Mission."
3. Behind the pump house a pad was created on which to place the cistern. The pad had to be wetted and tamped down repeatedly over several days to create a solid base. In creating the pad, Raul sweated through a few years of his own Purgatory.
4. Maneuvering the large cumbersome cistern was an awkward job that required a team effort. Watching all the labor that went in to setting up the new well gives us a greater appreciation for the water coming from our faucets.
HOLY SOUL MEMORIALS
Placing Your Order In Time
Fr. John Mary will bless all the memorials to loved ones on Wednesday, Nov. 2, the Feast of All Souls.
Friday, Sept. 30th is the deadline for ordering a new memorial that can be in place for this year's blessing.
St. Faustina Talks Scheduled for Fall
Brother Mikael will speak on the experiences of St. Faustina at two Saturday Morning Reflections.
Sept. 24, 9:15 AM -English
Oct. 22, 9:15 AM - Spanish
This is the same talk that has been offered on previous occasions.
Everyone welcome. No registration required.
Confession returning to Saturday mornings by appointment.
Confession also available on Sunday mornings at 9 AM.
No appointment needed.
Sign up to receive weekly email notifications for Confession appointment.
Both Women's Retreats are full, but you can add your name to a waiting list.
Encounter With Jesus Retreats
September 8-11 – Women/English ( use link below)
ENCOUNTER WITH JESUS RETREAT SEPTEMBER 8 -11 WOMEN ENGLISH
October 6-9 - Women/Spanish
REGISTRO RETIRO PARA MUJERES OCTUBRE 6 AL 9, 2022
December 8-11 – Men/English
February 9-12 – Women/English
March 9-12 -Women/Spanish
May 4-7 – Men/English
- Registration will open on our website, two months prior to each retreat.
- Each person must register individually, not as a group, so that we have contact information.
- We cannot reserve spaces in advance of the opening date for reservation.
- Due to limited space, we will give priority to those who have not made an EWJ.
- Prior retreatants wishing to make another retreat should call 830-302-9707 to be placed on the waiting list.
- For more information about the EWJ retreat, please go to our webpage: www.missionofdivinemercy.org
A NETWORK OF TRUST
"This is what MDM is called to be: a growing communion of trust in His Mercy
for our needy world." ~ Fr. John Mary
MDM started encouraging people to pray "Jesus, I trust in You" ten times a day back in 2011. Recently we felt it was important to remind people to turn to Jesus with this simple, powerful prayer in a world that feels more and more out of control. We are suggesting 20 times, but some people find themselves repeating it hundreds of times. It reminds our troubled souls that GOD IS IN CONTROL.
Many of you have put your name on our growing list and have also left a prayer intention or testimony:
Numerous times each day, I pray "Jesus, I trust in You." He has shown me how fruitful my prayer is in some instances, or how it affects others in positive ways. I am deeply humbled that my constant prayers are answered perfectly! ~Frances
Become another link in this growing Network of Trust by clicking on the button below.
Fr. John Mary's Sunday Homily
Aug. 28, 2022
The Gift of Wisdom
7th in Series on the Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit
In our confusing, dangerous world, we are overwhelmed with information. But true wisdom is in short supply. What is the wisdom that the Holy Spirit gives?
WE APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT!
Thank you for considering a donation in support of the Mission of Divine Mercy. The Mission has no regular source of income, and we receive no diocesan funding. Every bit of support comes from people like you; people whom God introduces to the Mission. We try to steward your money wisely and make each dollar work hard for Him and for His people.
Forward this email to share it with a friend.
They can use the button below to sign up!
Mission of Divine Mercy
P.O. Box 1759
Canyon Lake, TX 78133